After the impacts of COVID, these links to external sites, reports and studies, all identify a resilient, sustainable, green, and fair economic recovery. They will all need investment !! In our Press Release 12 (below) we think our pension funds must now invest responsibly.
Climate Assembly (September 2020)
Confederation of British Industry – Investing In Infrastructure (September 2020)
Institute for Government – Net Zero (September 2020)
2020 Committee on Climate Change Annual Report
UKGBC UK Green Building Council – insulation homes refit scheme plans
Environmental Audit Committee (Parliament) Greening the Post COVID Recovery Inquiry
Make My Money Matter – Campaign for UK pensions to help build a better world
CCC Letter on “Actions for a Resilient Recovery”
• Investments in low-carbon and climate-resilient infrastructure.
• Supporting reskilling, retraining and research for a net-zero, well-adapted economy.
• Upgrades to our homes ensuring they are fit for the future.
• Making it easy for people to walk, cycle, and work remotely.
• Tree planting, peatland restoration, green spaces and other green infrastructure.
(IEA / IMF) International Energy Agency – Sustainable Recovery Plan
LGA Local Government Association – How a Green Recovery will create 700,000 jobs
206 CEOs call for a ‘clean, just recovery“, for COP26, and for Net Zero
Build Back Better (We Mean Business)
Environmental Audit Committee (Parliament) – Energy Efficiency of Existing Homes
Members Forum Press Release 12 – the CCC (Committee on Climate Change) letter
UN Race to Zero
Green Alliance – “ambitious leadership for the environment”
Environmental Justice Commission (Guardian link)
LGPS Central – sign Investor Statement
BBC Rethink Series – essays and podcasts