“Cheshire Chat” the one CPF pensioner newsletter is published on-line annually.
If CPF held members email addresses it could publish and email newsletters more frequently.
Pensioners were told about the 2020 on-line only edition via payslips on 18 March 2020, so it was written and published in February or early March.
Page 8 describes the ISS / RIP (Investment Strategy Statement and Responsible Investment Policy) as completed and published.
- In March 2020 that consultation was still open.
- That statement may have deterred some pensioners from commenting, and so more than eight response might have been received
Page 11 contained an external link for a survey on CPF.
- The results of previous Cheshire Chat surveys before 2017 have never been published.
- Questions were designed by CPF with no involvement with 100,000 members
- This 2020 survey received just 22 responses.
- Little publicity was not given to the responses, which were finally published in August 2020 on the website only, and tucked away at the bottom of the webpage
- Question 8 showed support for more information from CPF to pensioners
- Question 9 bizarrely offered a choice of only “one of three”, but all three are not mutually exclusive, and a pension fund must offer all three.
- Question 11 showed that only three respondees did not want an AGM.