Before the COP26 Climate Summit, we issued Press Release 25 looking at Cheshire Pension Fund continuing investments in fossil fuels. Three reports, all published in October 2021, including one from HM Treasury, challenge pension fund and finance “carbon footprints” as often just “greenwash”. We press for genuine divestment and real action, which we say has to start locally – local action is as important as global pledges.
- As COP26 starts, the latest UNEP analysis suggests the world is on course to warm to around 2.7 C……..
- UNEP 2021 Emissions Gap Report “The Heat is On”
- HM Treasury report “A Roadmap to Sustainable Investing”
- DWP consultation on Climate and Investment reporting
- APPG Investment by LGPS funds for Net Zero
- COP26 & CPF continuing Fossil Fuel Investments
- Greenwash and Sustaina-babble
- Make My Money Matter 21x Campaign Cut your carbon 21x more than going veggie, giving up flying and switching energy provider – simply by making your pension green.
ALL OF OUR MEMBERS FORUM PRESS RELEASES