CPF Members Forum has commented on the consultation by CPF on its draft Investment Strategy Statement and Responsible Investment Policy. The consultation closes 20 March 2020, please send your comments/queries to Pensions@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk.
Read our response to the Consultation
We look forward to our fund divesting from CO2 producers and many other areas, and then re-investing in companies that benefit the environment such as green renewable energy.
ShareAction – The Power of Pensions – (Your pension builds the world around you. A world of poverty, inequality and a climate crisis. It doesn’t have to be this way. What world do you want your money to build?)
CPF Consultation (ends 20 March 2020)
February 2020 Press Release 11 Councillors and Climate Emergencies (CWAC)
COP26 PFA – Private Finance Agenda
- Launched by the Governor of The Bank of England, Mark Carney, for COP26 Private Finance Agenda.
- The objective of the COP26 Private Finance Agenda is for every professional financial decision to take climate change into account. The right framework for reporting, risk management and returns will embed these considerations and help finance a whole economy transition.
- To achieve net zero, every company, bank, insurer and investor will need to adjust their business models for a low carbon world.
TFCD – Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures
- Set up by the World Bank, the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures is about transparency of investments.
- “Increasing transparency makes markets more efficient, and economies more stable and resilient.”
- The FSB Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) will develop voluntary, consistent climate-related financial risk disclosures for use by companies in providing information to investors, lenders, insurers, and other stakeholders.
UNPRI – UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- Preparing investors for the Inevitable Policy Response to climate change
- Markets today have not adequately priced in the likely near term policy response to climate change.
- This leaves portfolios exposed to significant risk and investors need to act now to protect and enhance value. That’s why PRI have launched this project, to provide investors with a realistic forecasting tool to help navigate this complex and evolving landscape.
UK Green Finance Strategy 2019
- In 43 pages this report mentions 27 times the role of pension funds in transitioning to a green future, and how they can be used for the environment.